Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice Rally and Festival
Saturday, September 8th, 11am-2pm
Morristown Town Hall, 200 South Street, Morristown, New Jersey
Join us to put pressure on our leaders and institutions to take bold action on climate, jobs, and justice. It’s an opportunity to demand that our local leaders commit to a fast, fair, and just transition to 100% renewable energy and an immediate end to new fossil fuel projects.Starting at 11 a.m., the rally’s lineup of experts will let you know where we are and where we could and should be on climate and energy, green jobs, and environmental justice.
Starting at 11 a.m., the rally’s lineup of experts will let you know where we are and where we could and should be on climate and energy, green jobs, and environmental justice.
Starting at noon, enjoy a festival with an electric vehicle area, music, arts and crafts for children, tabling, and an open mic for high school and college students.
Expected to Speak at the Rally
- Christine Clarke, Environmental activist and former Environmental Director of Action Together New Jersey.
- Patty Cronheim, Consultant and Outreach Coordinator for ReThink Energy NJ.
- Morristown Mayor Tim Dougherty
- Kim Gaddy, Environmental Justice Organizer, New Jersey, for Clean Water Action
- Henry Gadja, Public Policy Associate of New Jersey League of Conservation Voters
- Amy Goldstein, State Director, New Jersey, for Clean Water Action
- Elizabeth Meyer, Founder of the Women’s March on New Jersey
- Doug O’Malley, Director of Environment New Jersey
- Dr. Nicky Sheats, Co-Founder and President of the New Jersey Environmental Justice Alliance
- Matthew Smith, Senior Organizer, New Jersey, for Food & Water Watch
- Claudia Mejia Sydenstricker, Youth Leader for Wind of the Spirit
- Jeff Tittel, Director of the New Jersey Sierra Club
- The Reverend Ronald Tuff, Organizer for GreenFaith and Pastor of First Bethel Baptist Church in Irvington, NJ
This Event is Sponsored By:
Central Jersey Coalition Against Endless War * Clean Water Action * Coalition Against Pilgrim Pipeline * Coalition to Ban Unsafe Oil Trains * Environment New Jersey * Food & Water Watch * GreenFaith * Jersey Renews * Moms Clean Air Force * New Jersey Environmental Justice Alliance * New Jersey League of Conservation Voters * New Jersey Sierra Club * New Jersey Work Environment Council * NJ 11th For Change * Organizing for Action * ReThink Energy NJ * Sustainable Morristown * The Climate Reality Project * The Watershed Institute *
UU FaithAction NJ * WATERSPIRIT * Wind of the Spirit